Apache 2.4 has been in ~arch status for awhile. Flameeyes demoted it back to ~arch awhile ago and I don't find anything other than QA as a reason. Not specific enough to indicate what happened or what needs to be fixed.
Please add bug 468306 . Thank you.
Patrick, can you give an update about your plans for this?
Let's convert this bug into a tracker.
All reverse deps checked...
Err, I don't get it, why bug 471592 (mod_spdy 2.4 support) would be a stable blocker, as mod_spdy is hard masked still. Not even ~amd64 for apache 2.2. That apache module even would need NPN support in mod_ssl, which we also don't have in 2.2. I don't think we should hold back apache 2.4 for a mod we don't have proper support for 2.2 neither.
If that bug becomes the ultimate blocker, of course we can go ahead... but at this stages it won't add more delays as there are many other pending bugs
Any help (patches, diffs...) with pending opened bugs blocking this one would be highly appreciated :)
Lars, what is pending for doing this apart of bug 532718 (well, if you know about how to solve that one, it would be even nicer ;)
Now that there's only one blocker (and apparently a lot of the work in bug 532718 has actually already been done), can we just stabilize this thing? It's been long enough.
(In reply to Dirkjan Ochtman from comment #9)
> Now that there's only one blocker (and apparently a lot of the work in bug
> 532718 has actually already been done), can we just stabilize this thing?
> It's been long enough.
+1, but I am not the maintainer and I am unsure about what information (if needed) should we give to the users for updating :/
Arches please test and mark stable the following packages:
target KEYWORDS are:
alpha amd64 arm ~arm64 hppa ia64 ~mips ppc ppc64 ~s390 ~sh sparc x86 ~amd64-fbsd ~sparc-fbsd ~x86-fbsd ~amd64-linux ~x64-macos ~x86-macos ~m68k-mint ~sparc64-solaris ~x64-solaris
Let's see how bad this turns out :-/
Stable on alpha.
2.4.20 and 2.4.23 were stabilised in the mean time. I guess this one is done, then. Closing.