In order to ba able to handle properly the CUE/BIN and CUE/APE images Sebastian
Trueg <email@example.com>, the author of K3B, suggests to include the
k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-2.0 (available at www.k3b.org).
For some reasons, if compiled separately it will fail to run and will make the
k3b crash completely during a CUE/BIN burning.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge k3b (will install k3b 0.12.3)
2. download and compile k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-2.0.
3. try to burin a CUE/BIN image
The k3b application crashes.
The k3b should have burnt the CUE/BIN image to the empty medium.
Have posted some infos on the
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list with the subject "Trubles with
.CUE/.APE disk images".
No way, see Bug 52882.
*** Bug 122444 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 126281 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #1)
> No way, see Bug 52882.
I've read the Bug 52882 and it seems that things have been fixed with the license and so on.
Or am I wrong?
*** Bug 139863 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 168973 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 111786 [details]
*** Bug 203579 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #1)
> > No way, see Bug 52882.
> I've read the Bug 52882 and it seems that things have been fixed with the
> license and so on.
> Or am I wrong?
I don't like ape, but here an there we/I need it... and I guess there are more.
IMHO ther is no license infringement
Monkey's Audio Source Code License Agreement
1. The Monkey's Audio SDK and source code can be freely used to add APE format
playback, encoding, or tagging support to any product, free or commercial. Use
of the code for proprietary efforts that don't support the official APE format
require written consent of the author.
2. Monkey's Audio source can be included in GPL and open-source software,
although Monkey's Audio itself will not be subjected to external licensing
requirements or other viral source restrictions.
3. Code changes and improvements must be contributed back to the Monkey's Audio
project free from restrictions or royalties for the sake of the common good,
unless exempted by express written consent of the author.
4. Any source code, ideas, or libraries used must be plainly acknowledged in
the software using the code.
5. Although the software has been tested thoroughly, the author is in no way
responsible for damages due to bugs or misuse.
6. If you do not completely agree with all of the previous stipulations, you
must cease using this source code and remove it from your storage device.
All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Matthew T. Ashland.
- All materials and programs copyrighted ©2000-2006 by Matthew T. Ashland -
- All rights reserved. -
Please, move the license debates to /dev/null; it's been extensively debated on other bugs and the license is still the same piece of crap as years before.