Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bugzilla DB migration completed. Please report issues to Infra team via email via infra@gentoo.org or IRC
Bug 657650 - app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15 : !!! Couldn t download master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz . Aborting.
Summary: app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15 : !!! Couldn t download master-pdf-editor-5...
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Current packages (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: Normal normal (vote)
Assignee: João Santos
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2018-06-09 13:24 UTC by Toralf Förster
Modified: 2018-08-29 12:08 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Attachments
emerge-info.txt (emerge-info.txt,15.61 KB, text/plain)
2018-06-09 13:24 UTC, Toralf Förster
Details
app-text:master-pdf-editor-5.0.15:20180609-131840.log (app-text:master-pdf-editor-5.0.15:20180609-131840.log,958 bytes, text/plain)
2018-06-09 13:24 UTC, Toralf Förster
Details
emerge-history.txt (emerge-history.txt,31.57 KB, text/plain)
2018-06-09 13:24 UTC, Toralf Förster
Details
etc.portage.tbz2 (etc.portage.tbz2,11.66 KB, application/x-bzip)
2018-06-09 13:24 UTC, Toralf Förster
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-09 13:24:12 UTC
Giving up.

!!! Couldn't download 'master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'. Aborting.
 * Fetch failed for 'app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15', Log file:
 *  '/var/log/portage/app-text:master-pdf-editor-5.0.15:20180609-131840.log'


  -------------------------------------------------------------------

  This is an unstable amd64 chroot image at a tinderbox (==build bot)
  name: 17.0-developer_libressl_20180608-195108

  -------------------------------------------------------------------

gcc-config -l:
 [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-7.3.0 *

Available Python interpreters, in order of preference:
  [1]   python3.5
  [2]   python2.7 (fallback)




emerge -qpv app-text/master-pdf-editor
[ebuild  N    ] app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15
Comment 1 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-09 13:24:15 UTC
Created attachment 535374 [details]
emerge-info.txt
Comment 2 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-09 13:24:18 UTC
Created attachment 535376 [details]
app-text:master-pdf-editor-5.0.15:20180609-131840.log
Comment 3 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-09 13:24:21 UTC
Created attachment 535378 [details]
emerge-history.txt
Comment 4 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-09 13:24:24 UTC
Created attachment 535380 [details]
etc.portage.tbz2
Comment 5 João Santos 2018-06-11 13:51:19 UTC
(In reply to Toralf Förster from comment #4)
> Created attachment 535380 [details]
> etc.portage.tbz2

Thank you for your interest.

However I tried on several machines and everything seems to be working, and the link for the download works.

Have you tried again? Or to download on a different machine?
Comment 6 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-11 16:28:10 UTC
indeed, local hickup - sry for the noise
Comment 7 Toralf Förster gentoo-dev 2018-06-11 16:31:20 UTC
FWIW:

>>> Fetching (1 of 1) app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15::gentoo
>>> Downloading 'http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'
--2018-06-11 18:30:10--  http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
Resolving code-industry.net... 136.243.89.42
Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:80... 



migth be that address is blocking tor relays ?
Comment 8 João Santos 2018-06-11 19:30:47 UTC
(In reply to Toralf Förster from comment #7)
> FWIW:
> 
> >>> Fetching (1 of 1) app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15::gentoo
> >>> Downloading 'http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'
> --2018-06-11 18:30:10-- 
> http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
> Resolving code-industry.net... 136.243.89.42
> Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:80... 
> 
> 
> 
> migth be that address is blocking tor relays ?

No worries.

I am not sure as I have neve tried it.
Comment 9 Decibels 2018-07-15 22:06:59 UTC
This is still an issue. Could not download it the other day. Sync'd this morning and still can't download it. 

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15::gentoo
>>> Downloading 'http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'
--2018-07-15 16:46:45--  http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
Resolving code-industry.net... 136.243.89.42
Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz [following]
--2018-07-15 16:46:46--  https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2018-07-15 16:46:46 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'. Aborting.
 * Fetch failed for 'app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15', Log file:
 *  '/var/tmp/portage/app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15/temp/build.log'

The only way to get it is manually, by going here: https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/

This version isn't available, the version avail is 5.0.36.
Comment 10 João Santos 2018-07-16 08:47:09 UTC
(In reply to Decibels from comment #9)
> This is still an issue. Could not download it the other day. Sync'd this
> morning and still can't download it. 
> 
> >>> Emerging (1 of 1) app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15::gentoo
> >>> Downloading 'http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'
> --2018-07-15 16:46:45-- 
> http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
> Resolving code-industry.net... 136.243.89.42
> Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
> Location:
> https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
> [following]
> --2018-07-15 16:46:46-- 
> https://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz
> Connecting to code-industry.net|136.243.89.42|:443... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 2018-07-15 16:46:46 ERROR 404: Not Found.
> 
> !!! Couldn't download 'master-pdf-editor-5.0.15_qt5.amd64.tar.gz'. Aborting.
>  * Fetch failed for 'app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15', Log file:
>  *  '/var/tmp/portage/app-text/master-pdf-editor-5.0.15/temp/build.log'
> 
> The only way to get it is manually, by going here:
> https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/
> 
> This version isn't available, the version avail is 5.0.36.

Thank you for your feedback.

I think this is a different issue, apparently they removed the previous version when they released the version 5.0.36. I will provide a new ebuild as soon as I can.

For the moment you can try to use one of the 4.*.* versions.
Comment 11 Decibels 2018-07-16 21:57:27 UTC
The ebuild for 5.0.15 worked fine for the 5.0.36 revision after making new digest. But I understand you have to go thru the normal channels. Thanks.
Comment 12 João Santos 2018-07-17 10:51:15 UTC
(In reply to Decibels from comment #11)
> The ebuild for 5.0.15 worked fine for the 5.0.36 revision after making new
> digest. But I understand you have to go thru the normal channels. Thanks.

That's right, anyway the pull request for the new version has been approved and should be available soon.