which means it all falls apart when /usr/lib isn't the native libdir (or the creepy old amd64 profile symlink).
This becomes much more of a problem once one switches to the new 17.1 profile, where wxGTK installs to /usr/lib64, resulting in eselect wxwidgets list listing no wxwidgets profiles.
( And subsequently, all consumers of wx-config are broken )
Created attachment 517028 [details]
I encountered the same problem when I switched to a 2017.1 profile.
Here is how I fixed it :
*** Bug 646728 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 533498 [details, diff]
Patch for wxwidgets.eselect
Please test if attached patch for wxwidgets.eselect fixes the problem.
For simplicity of testing, I have added a get_libdir function directly to the module. The plan would be to add this function to eselect's package-manager lib instead, and make a new eselect release.
Created attachment 534030 [details, diff]
Updated patch for wxwidgets.eselect, to be used with >=app-admin/eselect-1.4.13
Please test with >=app-admin/eselect-1.4.13 (which provides a get_libdir() function).
*** Bug 662914 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Hit the same issue on default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib profile.
The patch in attachment 534030 [details, diff] fixes the problem for me.
However, it requires eselect-1.4.13, which is still ~amd64.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Ulrich Müller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2018-08-30 17:00:11 +0000
Commit: Ulrich Müller <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2018-08-30 17:00:40 +0000
app-eselect/eselect-wxwidgets: Fix libdir usage.
Non-maintainer commit, acked by leio.
Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.48, Repoman-2.3.10
app-eselect/eselect-wxwidgets/Manifest | 1 +
.../eselect-wxwidgets-20180529.ebuild | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++
2 files changed, 53 insertions(+)