It used to take me ages to download all the headers on my IMAP account. This
patch is a lifesaver. There's already a header caching patch for mutt in
portage, but I think we need one for IMAP too.
See the URL above for a patch that works with mutt 1.4
Created attachment 34196 [details]
Updated Muttrc to add option for imap header caching
I'm not sure if this is the right file to patch for this. Perhaps the default
muttrc for imap users is actually taken from the mutt tarball; in this case
perhaps this feature addition should be added in an einfo in post_inst or
Created attachment 34197 [details, diff]
Altered imap header caching patch for mutt 1.5
*** Bug 55239 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This works on my box. I did some benchmarks and I've edited the 1.5.6-r2 ebuild which I'll post here.
Created attachment 34406 [details]
Created attachment 34407 [details]
Just for testing I added the 1.5 patch to my webserver in this ebuild, if/when
this is released my server wouldn't be able to cope, so it would have to be
hosted somewhere else.
PS I also fixed the ebuild so that it doesn't echo the use flags when the use
function is run.
Created attachment 34412 [details]
This time with a proper $Header.
This patch is unstable, it breaks when deleting mail items (it tends to try to
delete the one before in some situations).
Closing. Please reopen/rereport if the patch is fixed.
I'm currently testing a new patch. Will report if it works any better.