Created attachment 334456 [details]
There is no ebuild for the MenuLibre software
(http://www.smdavis.us/projects/menulibre/) which provides an advanced menu editor.
I attached an ebuild I made for the latest version (12.11.19).
That looks pretty nifty. I don't suppose if you happen to know if it works with KDE menus too?
(In reply to comment #1)
> That looks pretty nifty. I don't suppose if you happen to know if it works
> with KDE menus too?
I'm not using KDE right now, so I don't know if it's working. All I know is that only Gnome, LXDE, XFCE, and Unity are mentionned on the web page...
Created attachment 337022 [details]
New ebuild :
- updated to latest version
- add forgotten pygobject dependency
- remove yelp dependency to avoid installing unnecessary stuff on non gnome systems and add a warning at the end of the ebuild to inform that yelp is needed to view help contents
Created attachment 340164 [details]
Improved ebuild for menulibre:
- EAPI 5, port to distutils-r1 eclass
- add missing dependencies on hicolor-icon-theme and librsvg
(In reply to comment #4)
> Created attachment 340164 [details]
> Improved ebuild for menulibre:
> - EAPI 5, port to distutils-r1 eclass
> - add missing dependencies on hicolor-icon-theme and librsvg
what is python_export_best for in _this_ case?
I would prefer python_prepare_all instead of directly assigning src_prepare
same for python_install_all/src_install
a few other things
- I tend to standardize optional dependencies as in:
elog "optional dependencies:"
elog " gnome-extra/yelp (view help contents)"
- gnome2_icon_savelist is missing in pkg_preinst
- afais PYTHON_REQ_USE="xml" is missing
- GdkPixbuf is imported directly, so better add the x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf dep explicitly
- build fails, because out-of-source build is broken
also: linguas handling needs to be improved
it seems that dev-python/python-distutils-extra reads a file called LINGUAS from the po/ dir...
actually the linguas thing is not necessary unless we want explicit linguas_* useflags
+*menulibre-13.01.4 (26 Feb 2013)
+ 26 Feb 2013; Julian Ospald <email@example.com> +menulibre-13.01.4.ebuild,
+ initial import wrt #450300