Version 1.4.0 of webkit-gtk is available! (current version in mainline - 1.2.7)
- WebKitGTK+ for now prevents loading plugins which use incompatible GTK+ versions to avoid symbol collisions.
- Removed mandatory Enchant dependency.
- Libsoup required version bumped to 2.33.6.
- HTML5 media volume managment improvements.
- Updated translations.
- Add a beginDragWithFiles implementation for the GTK+ event sender.
- ResourceHandleSoup do not wait for streams to close to issue
- Move the request/cache code to libsoup.
- Port form control theming code to GtkStyleContext.
- Initial support for drag-and-drop file uploads.
- WOFF font face support.
- New WebKitWebPluginDatabase and WebKitWebPlugin classes for plugin
- The usual fixes for GTK+ 3.x API changes. We are still using the
old GtkStyle APIs, that should be gone by the next release.
- Add support for Mozilla-style JS fullscreen API.
- Add support for the viewport metatag.
- Fix error pages template's not being filled properly.
- Fix context menu activation through keyboard.
- Add automatic garbage collection for most GObject DOM objects (all
those that are actually in the DOM tree). This gets rid of most of
the leaks when using the bindings.
- Add an Inspector API to inspect a DOM node.
- Add a HTTP cache implementation. This will be eventually
integrated in libsoup itself, but for now it can be accessed from
WebKit through the WebKitSoupCache APIs.
- Updated to work with GTK+ 3.x 2.91.1.
- Add frame-flattening support, used by some mobile browser sto
merge all frames in a page into a continuous view.
- File reader/writer APIs are now enabled.
- Clipboard data is no longer lost when the process exists.
- Image DnD support.
- GSettings support to save/restore Web Inspector settings.
- Add WebSocket support, now enabled by default.
- Added WebKitWebView::frame-created signal, emitted when a frame
other than the main frame is created in a view.
- Added WebKitWebView::view-mode, holding information about how the
view is being presented. See the property documentation and
http://www.w3.org/TR/view-mode/ for details.
- Fullscreen support for HTML5 media player.
- Identify as WebKit/Safari in Google domains when
enable-site-specific-quirks is activated. Otherwise we'll get a
degraded user experience due to their poor UA detection
- Added simple media playback options in the context menu for the
- Update (and require) to work with gobjet-introspection 0.9.5.
- Updated to work with GTK+ 3.x 2.90.7 when in GTK+ 3.x mode.
- Make --disable-jit actually work.
- Add --enable-opcode-stats configure flag. When enabled, statistics
about opcode generation will be printed by JSC.
- Many a11y fixes, particularly in the AtkText interface.
- CSS box shadows render much faster in many cases.
- Add support for dropping content in WebKitWebViews.
- Add support for GTK+ 3.x. A new configure flag, --with-gtk, has
been added, which allows to control which GTK+ version you want to
build against. The default value is '2.0', for GTK+ 2.x
support. With '3.0' the library will be compiled against GTK+ 3.x
(2.90.4 or newer required). In the 3.x mode the .pc file has been
renamed from webkit-X.X.pc to webkitgtk-X.X.pc, so you'll need to
update your autotools setup accordingly.
- Many fixes for the DOM bindings, including support to dispatch
events to any Node through webkit_event_target_dispatch_event.
- Added a 'inner-node' property to WebKitHitTestResult, carrying the
DOM node where the hit test happened.
- Many DnD fixes, including a fix for the infamous hang-of-death
while dragging the mouse.
- Support for <input type="range">.
- Initial support for GObject DOM bindings. Present in this release
is a substantial subset of the basic DOM APIs (Document, HTML
elements, Node, etc) including access to the DOM events through
GObject signals. Keep in mind that all the APIs are still
unstable, and will probably be subject to changes before the next
- Add webkit_web_back_forward_list_clear, to completely clear the
- Lots of improvements in DOM clipboard and drag-drop access.
- Add support for GTK+ key themes.
- Significant improvements in a11y, including improved role support
and many bugfixes.
- Many other bugfixes.
This is already in gnome overlay and will be moved to the tree as appropriate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 353071 ***
*** Bug 367941 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***