At the end of emerge:
* QA Notice: The following files contain runtime text relocations
* Text relocations force the dynamic linker to perform extra
* work at startup, waste system resources, and may pose a security
* risk. On some architectures, the code may not even function
* properly, if at all.
* For more information, see http://hardened.gentoo.org/pic-fix-guide.xml
* Please include this file in your report:
* TEXTREL usr/lib64/virtualbox-ose/VBoxVMM.so
boborjan ~ # less /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-2.0.6/temp/scanelf-textrel.log
/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-2.0.6/temp/scanelf-textrel.log: no such file or directory
It seems like that location is a temporary location for that logfile. In that case the final location should be printed to the screen.
Thanks for filing the report, and sorry the QA message was confusing.
Assigning to maintainers, who can try to fix the textrel, or more likely, add an exception to the QA security check (emulators often need to do weird linking).
This bug is not about the text relocations. It is about the referenced log file not in place.
This log mentioned in the message isn't really needed since list of files is included in the elog message. There are probably at least a few other messages like this that need to be fixed.
The message seems to be fixed in 2.1.6 already.