When emerging softwares it just stops saying it had an error and I should look up the log-file.
Reproducible: Didn't try
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Just be sure you install it.
08:40:11 (267.52 KB/s) - `/usr/portage/distfiles/cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4.tar.bz2' saved [306907/306907]
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4.tar.bz2 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* Determining the location of the kernel source code
* Found kernel source directory:
* Could not find a usable .config in the kernel source directory.
* Please ensure that /usr/src/linux points to a configured set of Linux sources.
* If you are using KBUILD_OUTPUT, please set the environment var so that
* it points to the necessary object directory so that it might find .config.
!!! ERROR: sys-fs/cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4-r3 failed.
ebuild.sh, line 1654: Called dyn_setup
ebuild.sh, line 714: Called qa_call 'pkg_setup'
ebuild.sh, line 44: Called pkg_setup
cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4-r3.ebuild, line 47: Called linux-info_pkg_setup
linux-info.eclass, line 554: Called die
!!! Unable to calculate Linux Kernel version
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4-r3/temp/build.log'.
Install it successfully OR SHOULDNT STOP THE >WHOLE< INSTALL PROCESS because of one software. How about some interactive options which could be chosen in order to finish install?
If you have any packages that need configured kernel sources to build, don't choose the livecd-kernel option.
Actually, should we reopen this and assign it to the cryptsetup guys? The package shouldn't be failing on an unconfigured kernel. If the current versions of the package (or cryptsetup, which is replacing -luks) still fail in this manner, it is a bug in the package and it needs to be fixed by 2007.1's snapshot.
Nevermind... I reopened another bug which was about this exact issue.