bug 60542 comment 9 states that the current xmms-speex plugin only works with up to speex-1.1.5, and the dependency settings reflect this fact. However as the reason is only some change in include dir location, it is easily remedied.
I modified the ebuild to work with my media-libs/speex-1.1.12 and probably all speex versions starting from 1.1.6. I also commented all settings of CFLAGS in the Makefiles so that the CFLAGS settings from portage are used, plus -fPIC.
Created attachment 95293 [details]
The new speex ebuild.
Patches are now named in full, for easier update to new versions that still need the old patches.
The HOMEPAGE is still unavailable (bug 123818), and I know nothing new here.
src_compile now calls make explicitly, so that passing args is possible.
Created attachment 95294 [details, diff]
This flag combines the intention of xmms-speex-0.9.1-Makefile.patch and xmms-speex-0.9.1-fPIC.patch. A closer look:
* INCDIRS now includes SPEEX_INCDIR which is set in ebuild.
* CFLAGS setting disabled to take the one from the environment
* utf8 enabled as in bug 60542 comment 12
* install target made DESTDIR aware, though current ebuild doesn't use this
* VERSION of gui subdir changed to match root dir
* output from xmms-config assigned to make variable so that build logs will
display the expanded form for easier problem handling with this
Created attachment 95297 [details, diff]
Without this patch I get the following errors with my gcc-4.1.1:
speexutil.c:240: error: invalid lvalue in increment
speexutil.c:261: error: invalid lvalue in increment
speexutil.c:271: error: invalid lvalue in increment
Reason each time is "((int*) packet)++;" where packet is of type char*.
xmms and all plugins are now package.masked and will be removed from the tree in one month.