This is a submission for the initial ebuild for esniper.
Steps to Reproduce:
This is my first ebuild. I have tested it on my local portage overlay and it
% uname -a
Linux bodhi 2.6.10-nitro4 #4 Sun May 1 21:26:20 MST 2005 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP
2800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
% equery list esniper
[ Searching for package 'esniper' in all categories among: ]
* installed packages
[I--] [ ] net-misc/esniper-2.10.0 (0)
Created attachment 61293 [details]
esniper 2.10.0 ebuild
Created attachment 62627 [details]
esniper ebuild v2.11.0
Please fix the following and reopen:
* It's conventional to quote variable assignments.
* http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/mw-faq/hardcoded.txt (use
* You can drop the RDEPEND setting.
* http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/mw-faq/redundant.txt (src_compile)
Created attachment 68823 [details]
esniper 2.11.0 ebuild
modifications made to the ebuild to conform to gentoo standards.
modifications made to the ebuild according to comments from Ciaran. Thanks for
Created attachment 68832 [details]
esniper 2.11.0 ebuild
Created attachment 70049 [details]
esniper 2.14.0 ebuild
Created attachment 71082 [details]
added additional DEPEND to exclude curl-7.15.0
Created attachment 117440 [details]
ebuild for esniper 2.16.1
attaching newest version of ebuild. This is getting ridiculous.
Created attachment 142898 [details]
esniper 2.17.1 ebuild
Created attachment 142914 [details]
improved ensniper 1.17.1 ebuild
(this is an automated message based on filtering criteria that matched this bug)
'EBUILD' is in the KEYWORDS which should mean that there is a ebuild attached
to this bug.
This bug is assigned to maintainer-wanted which means that it is not in the
Hello, The Gentoo Team would like to firstly thank you for your ebuild
submission. We also apologize for not being able to accommodate you in a timely
manner. There are simply too many new packages.
Allow me to use this opportunity to introduce you to Gentoo Sunrise. The
sunrise overlay is a overlay for Gentoo which we allow trusted users to
commit to and all users can have ebuilds reviewed by Gentoo devs for entry
into the overlay. So, the sunrise team is suggesting that you look into this
and submit your ebuild to the overlay where even *you* can commit to. =)
Because this is a mass message, we are also asking you to be patient with us.
We anticipate a large number of requests in a short time.
On behalf of the Gentoo Sunrise Team,
*** Bug 216712 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 209540 [details]
Updated to version from 2009-11-03. Also set to EAPI 2 to use DEPEND USE atom for curl.
Created attachment 220777 [details]
esniper 2.22.0 ebuild
I shoved an update to a 2.22.0 ebuild into the sunrise overlay.
This is basically the same as the 2.21.0 ebuild with some small changes:
1. Moved the EAPI statement to the correct location per gentoo syntax
2. Took the period out at the end of the description line (yes, the developers who reviewed this thought it was important).
3. Added ~amd64 to the sunrise ebuild (works fine).
4. Fixed the curl dependency to with either the ssl (old) or openssl (new) use flag.
# emerge layman
# echo 'source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf' >> /etc/make.conf
# layman -a sunrise
# emerge esniper
Created attachment 225543 [details]
updated 2.22 ebuild
For curl (and maybe others as well) the openssl useflag is deprecated, this ebuild just uses ssl
Created attachment 237967 [details]
esniper 2.23.0 ebuild
I have just committed an update into the sunrise overlay:
It is basically the same as the 2.22.0 ebuild with two small changes:
1. All versions of curl (mercifully) now have ssl (no more openssl) as a use flag. The esniper ebuild reflects that.
2. The ChangeLog now gets installed as part of the documentation.
The developers are now (sometimes) taking several days to move committed ebuilds to "reviewed" (available to "public" users of the overlay).
When they do that, you will find the new ebuild here:
Created attachment 239285 [details]
updated 2.23 ebuild
From what I understand openssl is beeing pulled in by the ssl useflag anyway.
For a while the stable curl ebuilds had an "ssl" USE flag, while the unstable ones had an "openssl" USE flag (which did exactly the same thing). It appeared that there was a movement to differentiate openssl from gnutls (which has since changed direction).
Created attachment 243521 [details]
esniper 2.24.0 ebuild
I have just committed version 2.25.0 to the sunrise overlay.
It will be available for general use after developer review.
It seems that at least one ebuild related to this bug exists in the Sunrise overlay at the moment. However, I have to regretfully announce that after a long inactivity period the Sunrise project has been discontinued and the related overlay will be eventually removed. For this reason, I'd like to ask you to reevaluate the ebuilds and consider moving them. If you'd like to maintain a package from Sunrise in Gentoo, please take a look at our Proxy Maintainers  project.
Please make sure to take ebuilds from the unreviewed developer Sunrise repository  rather than the -reviewed one, since the latter has not been updated for over a year. While at it, please note that:
1. Adding a package to Gentoo requires declaring yourself as an active maintainer for it. All bugs regarding the package will be assigned to you, and you will be expected to maintain it.
2. Some packages may not be suitable for addition anymore. While there's no strong rules that would prevent you from adding a package, it may be a bad idea to add old-unmaintained packages that will shortly result in a large number of bugs reported with no solution. If that is the case, please close the bug as RESOLVED/OBSOLETE to make it easier to find packages worth adding.
3. Some of the bugs were already closed as WONTFIX/OBSOLETE/... while the relevant ebuild was kept in Sunrise. If you disagree with the original decision, you still can add the ebuild via proxy-maint.
4. Pleaes note that many of the Sunrise ebuilds are old and may be buggy. If you decide to move them, please make sure to update/clean them up. The proxy-maint team will also review your ebuilds, therefore making sure they land in Gentoo in good quality.
Once again, thank you for your contribution. We hope that you will still want to contribute to Gentoo, through proxy-maint or otherwise.
Created attachment 506702 [details]
Even the most recent release has been broken for a while (v2.33.0), with the only working version being maintained in the CVS repository.
I just added a CVS section to the old sunrise 2.31.0 ebuild.
Probably crude, but it works for me, if anyone's interested.