Gaim 1.2.1 has been released to fix some security issues (See URL). Their security page has not been updated yet, but here is the ChangeLog.
version 1.2.1 (4/3/2005):
* URL escaping now works with UTF-8 text. This may break some old log
* Revert to XOR auth for ICQ as the md5 is not fully functional
* Fix bug with going away while in a jabber chat
* MSN bug fixes (Felipe Contreras)
* Escape things properly in IRC
gaim-bugs, please bump to 1.2.1.
net-im/gaim-1.2.1 now in portage, ~ for all arches.
archs, please mark gaim-1.2.1 stable.
*** Bug 87910 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
stable on amd64
Stable on x86
Stable on ppc.
stable on ppc64
Stable on alpha.
arm/hppa/ia64, please mark stable to benefit from GLSA.