- Fails to build with ffmpeg 5
- HOMEPAGE, SRC_URI dead
- Not in Debian, Fedora anymore
- We already have a huge heap of patches which aren't upstream anywhere
CCing maintainers of:
- kde-apps/k3b (conditional, USE=encode)
- media-plugins/mythplugins (unconditional-ish dep, USE=mytharchive)
Please consider masking or dropping support entirely from your packages ifnot interested in fixing up transcode itself.
(In reply to Sam James from comment #0)
> Please consider masking or dropping support entirely from your packages
> ifnot interested in fixing up transcode itself.
As it stands, unconditional reverse dependencies of transcode will be last-rited together with transcode.
No objections. It is patched to the point that it was not funny anymore a long time ago, and at least with k3b[encode] ffmpeg seems to be broken since *at least* ffmpeg-4, but probably much earlier.
(In reply to Andreas Sturmlechner from comment #2)
> broken since *at least* ffmpeg-4, but probably much earlier.
* since 2016 according to some bug reports.