on fresh stage kde is broken on system lib level. It doesn't offer much but it seems to respond to kde-malloc and gave a tls glibc error. ordinarily i would write this off to a broken compiler although everything else seems to be in order c and c++, and i thought i might be related to recent glibc patch. im compiling arts, kdelibs and kdebase on a known good system and if it is still broken ill bring in known good glibc libs to see if this fixes the problem. I noticed expat hadn't been reemerged, sometime that causes errors to so if this is crazy idea, just ignore me.
Mar 15 23:21 /A/lib/libc-2.3.4.so
i'd leave this bug where I saw the bug related to this but im so bugzilla retarded i cant find it anymore which is just as well because i probably broke it myself or forgot to link my time zones or something stupid (which i did but the system im on isn't linked either, no luck).
after compiling glibc gcc kdelib kdebase cvs, i finally moved the directory, unpacked arts, libs, base and here i am again which took to long and i should have tried it before since i could mount and link a good kde and run it. whatever. the important thing is that the system this goes on is fixed. i thought this is such a nice box and its so huge how could i throw it away but could never throw it away. stupid slot 2 processor got the hot pin knock to the side onto to the pcb and burnt the thing off like a little ciggerette burn. i hadnt even turned it on i just cleaned it out and h2o2'd the case like it was brand new and they said arent you going to make sure it works first. i said i am, i check all the parts, looked at all the caps and check all the sodders for number and look for melts and i know it works. and it didnt and i thought "stupid kde."