windowmaker segfaults when using alt-tab while having firefox as a front window.
This must be some sort of user-error: I re-cycled my old /home/, because of this, most of the pixmap-paths were not existent and even "xterm" didn't have any icon associated within the "window list".
Steps to Reproduce:
(not sure if this can be reproduced, see step one)
1. start a windowmaker session -- maybe have to delete some pixmap or icon paths from Your ~/GNUstep/ files
- I didn't have icons for "WPrefs" and "WMDock", either, btw:)
2. open up two xterms
- cycling with alt-tab between them still possible.
- Press alt-tab, keep alt pressed: the "window list" didn't have any icons (empty frames around windowlist background)
3. start firefox
- a) with xterm in front, alt-tab works as before in step 2
- b) with firefox in front,
- alt-tab will "flash" through the window list: puts every window in foreground, one after the other, until the current window (firefox) is on top again. Changing the foreground window with alt-tab is impossible
- clicking on the xterm window will still bring it up front, with no error
(minimizing firefox or "rolling it up" might help You in doing so)
- sooner or later some alt-tab keypress sequence will make windowmaker segfault, usually the second to fourth try will produce a segfault.
windowmaker segfaulted, asked for action (restart/coredump/start other wm)
change current front window, "away from firefox"
didn't try with any other apps.
I corrected my WMPrefs, now I don't have any segfaults any more, all works as
I've also had windowmaker give me a core file, but I didn't look at it yet, just
renamed it so it won't be overwritten automatically. 1,8 MB core file available
I have not been able to recreate this bug -- the workaround you posted sounds like you fixed the bug.
Marking as fixed as config files were b0rked (likely from an upgrade of 0.8X -> 0.9X?.
Yes, it was an implicit upgrade -- /home was kept, including GNUStep/ et al.
hm - may close, can't I?