net-libs/c-client fails to connect to servers (or accept connection from) which require TLS version > 1.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. net-misc/asterisk with imap voicemail storage fails to connect to dovecot 2.3.18 imap server because dovecot's default setting is ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.2 now.
net-libs/c-client-2007f patch attached.
Created attachment 767820 [details, diff]
Happy to onboard this, but I don't use this myself. A few notes however:
1. net-libs/c-client is the only provider for virtual/imap-c-client
2. HOMEPAGE no longer seems correct.
3. SRC_URI points to non-existent server.
Are there alternatives out there that is up to date? asterisk has two alternative include paths for imap/* vs c-client/* or simply with no leading path, the problem is I suspect they're just different locations for the same headers.
Looks like this package comes from 2007! If asterisk still depends on this, and upstream is completely gone (which it looks like), that's a highly problematic situation. In the meantime I think we need to:
1. Ensure that we don't lose this from the mirrors.
2. Apply the patch.
@Sam - is there a sensible way to mark HOMEPAGE and SRC_URI as "dead upstream", or do I put a copy of these files on my infrastructure nad point SRC_URI there (ideally with some page somewhere)? Alterantively I can put this last copy on github, import patches there and tag a new version? But what I know of IMAP internals is scary to say the least, definitely not the right person for working on the code (not to mention time is a luxury of which I have too little at the moment).
Asterisk is not the only c-client consumer. PHP wants it too to build imap extension.