Created attachment 712623 [details]
I'm trying to cross-compile a kernel/initramfs for a mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu system.
I think that mipsel and mips64 are treated the same as mips with respect to the kernel, so I think a simple change to detect mipsel as ARCH=mips is enough. At least I was able to get a bootable kernel+initramfs with only this change.
$ sudo genkernel --integrated-initramfs --kernel-target=uImage.bin --kerneldi
r=/usr/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/usr/src/linux --kernel-config=/vagrant/config/kconfig --cross-
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 4.2.1
* Using genkernel configuration from '/etc/genkernel.conf' ...
* Running with options: --integrated-initramfs --kernel-target=uImage.bin --kerneldir=/usr/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/usr/src/linux --kernel-config=/vagrant/config/kconfig --cross-compile=mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu all
* ERROR: mipsel not yet supported by genkernel. Please add the arch-specific config file '/usr/share/genkernel/arch/mipsel/config.sh'!
* Please consult '/var/log/genkernel.log' for more information and any
* errors that were reported above.
* Report any genkernel bugs to bugs.gentoo.org and
* assign your bug to email@example.com. Please include
* as much information as you can in your bug report; attaching
* '/var/log/genkernel.log' so that your issue can be dealt with effectively.
* Please do *not* report kernel compilation failures as genkernel bugs!
Created attachment 712626 [details]
Created attachment 712629 [details, diff]
Detect mipsel as ARCH=mips