This commit added xmltex, and has created file conflicts with dev-tex/xmltex.
* Messages for package dev-texlive/texlive-formatsextra-2020-r1:
* This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
* packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
* owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
* file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
* NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
* least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
* If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
* then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
* information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
* a bug report at https://bugs.gentoo.org/ unless you report exactly
* which two packages install the same file(s). See
* https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Blockers for tips on how
* to solve the problem. And once again, please do NOT file a bug report
* unless you have completely understood the above message.
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
* Package 'dev-texlive/texlive-formatsextra-2020-r1' NOT merged due to
* file collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the
* whole content of the above message.
Created attachment 648840 [details]
After uninstalling dev-tex/xmltex, the emerge of dev-texlive/texlive-formatsextra finished successfully.
# emerge -av --depclean dev-tex/xmltex
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Calculating removal order...
>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
All selected packages: =dev-tex/xmltex-1.9-r3
>>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
>>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be removed.
Would you like to unmerge these packages? [Yes/No]
emerge -C xmltex
and then install this package.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Ulrich Müller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2020-07-11 07:39:13 +0000
Commit: Ulrich Müller <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2020-07-11 07:39:13 +0000
dev-texlive/texlive-formatsextra: Block against dev-tex/xmltex.
Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.103, Repoman-2.3.23
Signed-off-by: Ulrich Müller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
dev-texlive/texlive-formatsextra/texlive-formatsextra-2020-r1.ebuild | 1 +
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
The blocker won't always help for the files under /var/lib/texmf:
(In reply to nivedita from comment #0)
> * /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/xmltex.log
> * /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/xmltex.fmt
> * /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/pdfxmltex.log
> * /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/pdfxmltex.fmt
Users with "collision-protect" in FEATURES will have to remove them manually. (Should be fine with "protect-owned", however.)
*** Bug 732228 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***