There are three issues with the new net-dns/bind-9.16.4 package:
1. it fails fails with USE=doc
2. it triggers package collision
3. it does not update paths in man files (/etc/named.conf)
Please see: https://bugs.gentoo.org/728590#c5 for a potential fix to all these issues
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 611, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 602, in main
File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 450, in _doins
return install_runner.install_file(source, os.path.dirname(dest))
File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 386, in install_file
return self._ins_runner.run(source, dest_dir)
File "/usr/lib/portage/python3.6/doins.py", line 195, in run
sstat = os.stat(source)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: b'doc/arm/Bv9ARM.pdf'
* ERROR: net-dns/bind-9.16.4::gentoo failed (install phase):
* dodoc failed
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-dns/bind-9.16.4::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-dns/bind-9.16.4::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-dns/bind-9.16.4/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-dns/bind-9.16.4/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-dns/bind-9.16.4/work/bind-9.16.4'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-dns/bind-9.16.4/work/bind-9.16.4'
- Issue #2:
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
* Package 'net-dns/bind-9.16.4' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
* necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
* above message.