Under specific circumstances, xfce-base/thunar-1.6.17 may be unable to transfer files to gvfs mount, ie SMB but is able to create new directories and files. The error that is printed is: "the destination is read-only", where it is not. Copying to: '/var/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:share=XXX' works, but Thunar drag and drop or copy does not.
The attached is a backported batch from Thunar 18.4 from:
which does solve the problem on xfce-base/thunar-1.6.17.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a CIFS share on Windows 10
2. In Thunar, navigate to: smb://DOMAIN;username@IP/SHARENAME
3. Attempt to copy a file and observe how Thunar fails with 'the destination is read-only'
I was not able to transfer files to the share in Thunar.
Be able to transfer files to the share as it is mounted by gvfs in read-write mode.
Apply the attached patch.
* Found these USE flags for xfce-base/thunar-1.6.17:
+ + dbus : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd, gnomemeeting, etc)
+ + exif : Add support for reading EXIF headers from JPEG and TIFF images
+ + libnotify : Enable desktop notification support
+ + pcre : Add support for Perl Compatible Regular Expressions
- - test : Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run tests (usually controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled independently)
+ + trash-panel-plugin : Build the trash status indicator plugin for the XFCE panel
+ + udisks : Enable storage management support (automounting, volume monitoring, etc)
Created attachment 580216 [details, diff]
suggested patch that allows Thunar to transfer files into the gvfs mount
This patch was backported from:
Perhaps worth applying this to the latest 1.8 ebuild too.