Recent ebuild xfce-base/thunar-1.8.3 fails to merge due to file collision if gnome-base/nautilus-3.26.4-r2 is also installed.
Colliding file: /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.FileManager1.service
Both packages provide the same file. Thunar implemented the file recently:
>>> Installing (x of y) xfce-base/thunar-1.8.3::gentoo
* checking 101 files for package collisions
* This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
* packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
* Package 'xfce-base/thunar-1.8.3' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
* necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
* above message.
Possible solutions: USE flags, or eselect.
Removing the file in question then emerging thunar and nautilus again allows it to continue. But thats not a total solution since the contents of the files are different. Exec=/usr/bin/thunar vs Exec=/usr/bin/nautilus
(In reply to jeremy mills from comment #1)
> Removing the file in question then emerging thunar and nautilus again allows
> it to continue. But thats not a total solution since the contents of the
> files are different. Exec=/usr/bin/thunar vs Exec=/usr/bin/nautilus