I run into a @preserved-rebuilt loop with following message:
!!! existing preserved libs:
>>> package: sys-libs/libtermcap-compat-2.0.8-r4
* - /usr/lib64/libtermcap.so.2
* - /usr/lib64/libtermcap.so.2.0.8
* used by /usr/bin/sqlite3 (dev-db/sqlite-3.25.3)
* used by /usr/bin/w3m (www-client/w3m-0.5.3_p20180125)
* used by /usr/bin/xmlcatalog (dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.8)
* used by 2 other files
which is resolved by installing sys-libs/libtermcap-compat back (I wasn't sure why it's in my world file so I deleted it to see what happens)
Are these build systems looking for termcap and only then for ncurses? Should this become a tracker bug for such packages that do this?
I've just done a quick search on ebuilds in question:
- sqlite-3.25.3 and libxml2-2.9.8.ebuild don't mention anything about termcap and ncurses
- w3m-0.5.3_p20180125 has a RDEPEND on `sys-libs/ncurses:0=` with no mention of termcap. but in src_configure() there is a "--with-termlib=yes" argument passing to econf, not exactly sure if it's related.