I noticed that emerge --depclean wanted to remove dev-libs/jansson
* In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
* packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
* packages that pulled them in.
* dev-libs/jansson-2.10 pulled in by:
* net-fs/samba-4.7.3 needs libjansson.so.4
* net-libs/nghttp2-1.27.0 needs libjansson.so.4
* net-misc/networkmanager-1.10.0 needs libjansson.so.4
* x11-libs/libcryptui-3.12.2-r1 pulled in by:
* mail-client/evolution-3.27.2 needs libcryptui.so.0
>>> Adding lib providers to graph...
I've also hit this automagic dependency which drives the "auth event notification" option which is primary used in the samba test suite. (At least according to 'man 5 smb.conf'.)
*** Bug 679756 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Newer samba ebuilds have this dependency, we will stabilize one soon