Created attachment 503638 [details]
emerge build output
See attached build.log
This looks like something is broken with your pypy3 installation.
I guess pypy3 install could be messed up, no clue. I did nothing special other than add it to targets. System pulled it in and the rest. Though I did I think eselect python pypyp3. Not sure what I could have done to break pypy3 install. Other stuff I think is ok. I can see about removing and re-installing it. Not sure how to fix.
It looks like it is trying to recompile all of the python modules under /usr/lib64/pypy3/site-packages. This generally happens when a module is imported and python detects that the compiled module on disk is out of date (by comparing mod times).
Further, it looks like the pyc files are versioned according to the version of pypy3 (*.pypy3-59.*). Perhaps the currently installed modules were compiled using a different version of pypy3.
I suspect you could resolve this by re-installing all packages that install files under /usr/lib64/pypy3/site-packages.
That doesn't really explain why the pbr setup.py script would be importing all those modules; that seems like a bug somewhere.
(In reply to Mike Gilbert from comment #3)
> I suspect you could resolve this by re-installing all packages that install
> files under /usr/lib64/pypy3/site-packages.
To clarify: by "re-install", I really mean "rebuild" -- no binpkgs allowed!
(In reply to Mike Gilbert from comment #4)
> (In reply to Mike Gilbert from comment #3)
> > I suspect you could resolve this by re-installing all packages that install
> > files under /usr/lib64/pypy3/site-packages.
> To clarify: by "re-install", I really mean "rebuild" -- no binpkgs allowed!
I know what you mean. This error came from my build server where I make binpkgs not merge them. It was already marked as some rebuild.
I guess this can be closed as invalid unless others experience this. I ended up dropping pypy3. Seems this happened in that process or something. I can see about replicating if needed.
System had -pypy3, but I believe using --with-bdeps=y, it was seeing python bins with pypy3. Which caused something funky. That is the best guestimate as to what happened. Maybe why others are not running into that. Unique scenario to cause,/replicate.