Waiting for upstream to let my email through.
*** Bug 629796 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Same problem here
Created attachment 493210 [details, diff]
Created attachment 509318 [details, diff]
2.0.16 fails the same way. patch (slightly shorter than for 3.0.9) attached.
New version 3.0.10 bumped on 2018-09-19.
According to Changelog, "Port to enchant-2".
Added version 3.0.10 to portage. This Versions(seems to) build with enchant-2.
Trying to emerge 3.0.10, with enchant 2.1.2 installed, I get
checking for GTK_SPELL3... no
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 gtk+-3.0 enchant-2) were not met:
No package 'enchant-2' found
"pkg-config enchant --modversion" shows 2.1.2.
Should I try a different version of enchant?
Enchant 2.2.3 has switched to enchant-2, so with that version installed, gtkspell 3.0.10 installs fine. Unfortunately, the patch above for gtkspell-2.0.16 is no longer sufficient, because it is looking for enchant, not enchant-2. I don't know if it would be better to just let gtkspell:2 be blocked by enchant-2 or to find a way to let the ebuild deal with either. I suppose that would have to be a patch to the gtkspell:2 configure (if even possible.)
Created attachment 563242 [details, diff]
This patch fix configure to use enchant-2 if available and fallback to enchant otherwise.
I have tested it with enchant-1.6.1 and enchant-2.2.3
eautoreconf required at src_prepare step
For those who do not dream in ebuilds, adding eautoreconf to src_prepare also requires adding autotools to the inherit line.
With that, however, gtkspell 2.0.16 emerges without complaint.
*** Bug 677056 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
gtkspell-3 works fine with enchant-2 for a while now.
I have no intentions of making gtkspell-2 work with enchant-2, as enchant is now properly slotted, and it can just use enchant:0 instead, until it still exists.
It might still get considered if other enchant:0 users (that don't consume it via gtkspell-2) have gone away, and the last gtkspell-2 users can't go away or be updated to gtkspell-3. Then that would allow to remove enchant:0 while keeping gtkspell-2 still for the time being.