revdep-rebuild says this:
$ sudo revdep-rebuild -- -a
* This is the new python coded version
* Please report any bugs found using it.
* The original revdep-rebuild script is installed as revdep-rebuild.sh
* Please file bugs at: https://bugs.gentoo.org/
* Collecting system binaries and libraries
Could not save cache: write() argument 1 must be unicode, not str
* Checking dynamic linking consistency
* Assign files to packages
!!! Broken orphaned files: No installed package was found for the following:
There is nothing to emerge. Exiting.
However, these files are installed as part of the media-tv/plex-media-server package:
$ sudo equery f plex-media-server | grep -e 'dbm.so' -e '_bsddb.so'
I am using =app-portage/gentoolkit-0.3.2-r1.
It's using naive string comparison here:
The portageq owners command solves this problem by comparing the inode numbers of the files' parent directories.
Created attachment 466538 [details, diff]
handle directory symlinks
Use a _file_matcher class to make file comparisons work regardless
of directory symlinks.
Thanks, Zac, patch looks good, merge please :)
This is in the master branch:
The original issue should be solved by now. Closing. Please reopen or make a new bug if it still repeats.