A while back I wanted to recompile the packages that have had their USE flags changed since last compile.
Finding no tool to scan for these packages, I decided to write my own script to do it.
The script went from a bash script to a heavily hacked version of equery. Eventually it was rewritten from scratch in Python.
It has been tested by a number of #gentoo participants over the last week, and they suggested I polish the script up and merge it into equery.
This patch against equery has also been tested over the last week, with no bugs found.
May it prove useful ...
Created attachment 37587 [details, diff]
Implement changed USE flag scanning in equery
Thanks a bundle! I'll have to think about how to best integrate this with equery.
I've rewritten parts of it today, to make it more stable and have better piping
I'm considering refactoring into a useful core that will go into the gentoolkit,
then mostly display and formatting in the actual equery file.
Thanks a lot for your contribution!
The functionality for this is already integrated in portage-2.0.51 with emerge --newuse, so I don't think we need it in equery too.
maybe we can close this, because of featured-in-portage
I'll see if it makes sense to offer a wrapper for the functionality in portage. Probably not.
I see no reason to add this to equery since the functionality exists with emerge