I have dev-python/selenium-2.46.0 already installed. I attempted to install dev-ruby/selenium-webdriver-2.53.4-r1, which failed with a file conflict:
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
* Package 'dev-ruby/selenium-webdriver-2.53.4-r1' NOT merged due to file
* collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
* content of the above message.
What are your CFLAGS/LDFLAGS? Do they contain --build-id?
(In reply to Mike Gilbert from comment #1)
> What are your CFLAGS/LDFLAGS? Do they contain --build-id?
CFLAGS="-O2 -g -march=corei7 -pipe"
Oh, dev-python/selenium installs a pre-built shared library (x_ignore_nofocus.so). This library was probably built with --build-id enabled.
This file collision will only show up if you have FEATURES="splitdebug".
=dev-python/selenium-3* does not have such problem. Yet I think it's worth to keep selenium-2* in the tree for some time.
Did this problem ever get a general solution? I hit another instance of colliding build-ids in bug #673832, when trying to install binary builds of two Electron apps simultaneously.
Old version removed. Please reopen if it still happens.