I'm doing currently stage1 install and emerging system packages in somewhat inapproriate order...
livecd / # emerge openct
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-libs/openct-0.5.0 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) openct-0.5.0.tar.gz
* Adding group 'openct' to your system ...
* - Groupid: next available
/usr/portage/eclass/eutils.eclass: line 739: groupadd: command not found
!!! ERROR: dev-libs/openct-0.5.0 failed.
!!! Function enewgroup, Line 739, Exitcode 127
!!! enewgroup failed
Steps to Reproduce:
Troubles went away after emerging sys-apps/shadow.
1) quick fix
- add sys-apps/shadow dep to dev-libs/openct
2) more general (and harder to do)
- integrate sys-apps/shadow dep into eclass/eutils.eclass
The deps in eutils.eclass definitely need to be reviewed.
added shadow to DEPEND for the time being
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 53269 ***