I created a new enhanced runscript for app-misc/sphinx. The new runscript fixes bug 514858, bug 514852 and bug 472916.
- The new runscript supports multiple instances
- The new runscript supports specifying a custom user/group to run searchd
- The new runscript stops searchd using the searchd's stopwait parameter to ensure that all pending changes are saved... see the man page for more details
- The new runscript uses searchd's status parameter to determine the service status
- The new runscript is quiet per default. This is important when you are using many indexes/sources because searchd will print information for each index/source on start.
But we capture the start output so we are still able show any error messages to the user when needed, e.g. when searchd fails to start/stop.
Created attachment 379580 [details]
New enhanced runscript
Created attachment 379582 [details]
confd for new enhanced runscript
Thanks for the new script. I'll need to review this and hope to find time for that in the next few weeks.