* Package: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
* USE: X acpi amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib tools userland_GNU
* FEATURES: preserve-libs sandbox userpriv usersandbox
* Determining the location of the kernel source code
* Found kernel source directory:
* Found kernel object directory:
* Found sources for kernel version:
* Preparing nvidia module
* ERROR: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15::gentoo failed (compile phase):
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/x11-drivers:nvidia-drivers-325.15:20130903-220622.log'.
* For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15/work/kernel'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-325.15/work/'
Check your build.log, I believe it will contain this blurb:
Gentoo supports kernels which are supported by NVIDIA
which are limited to the following kernels:
You are free to utilize epatch_user to provide whatever
support you feel is appropriate, but will not receive
support as a result of those changes.
Do not file a bug report about this.
(Quoting Doug Goldstein from bug #447566 comment #56)
> It is and has always been Gentoo's policy to support what NVIDIA supports. The current versions of the drivers do not support 3.11. You are more than welcome to use the capabilities of epatch_user (which are present in all the ebuilds) to make the changes yourself but they do not go into the main tree.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 447566 ***