Created attachment 357596 [details]
After about 4 hours of successful compilation of the kernel and modules, the installation phase breaks trynig to do something with lvm. I tried to disable lvm by removing --lvm in the ebuild, to no avail. It still shows up at the end.
If it has something to do about writing to my disk, I don't have lvm on my system and don't want it. It's just a laptop.
I can't figure out without hacking into the ebuild and other scripts how to go around this problem, and the build time is too long for a trial-and-error approach.
* >> Appending lvm cpio data...
* LVM: Adding support (using local static binary /sbin/lvm.static)...
* Funtoo Linux Genkernel; Version 18.104.22.168-funtoo
* Running with options: --no-save-config --kernel-config=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/temp/config --kernname=debian-sources --build-src=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/linux-3.2.41 --build-dst=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/build --makeopts=-j3 --firmware-dst=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/out/lib/firmware --cachedir=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/temp/cache --tempdir=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/temp/twork --logfile=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/genkernel.log --bootdir=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/out/boot --lvm --luks --mdadm --iscsi --module-prefix=/var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/debian-sources-3.2.41/work/out all
* ERROR: Could not copy over lvm!
Also, is there a way to seed the generated config in debian-sources from the presently running kernel? I will end up needing 0.1% of what it builds.
By the way, mdmon and mdadm required by genkernel were not pulled in. I had to copy them from the live system.
(In reply to Gene Selkov from comment #0)
> * Funtoo Linux Genkernel; Version 22.214.171.124-funtoo
Funtoo is the wrong distro for this bug tracker.
Sorry, I forget. I just followed instructions in the error message pointing at this bug tracker.