Final Term is a modern terminal emulator with semantic text menus, smart command completion, GUI terminal controls, omnipotent keybindings, 24-bit RGB terminal colors, reflow, themes and drop down support.
Created attachment 351930 [details]
This ebuild is a result of a review on #gentoo-dev-help (thanks for the help to eroen, ssuominen, mrueg, kensington, mgorny and Pinkbyte - in chronological order of comments).
Posting here with intents to commit this to Sunrise overlay.
hasufell suggested the following changes on #gentoo-sunrise:
- add MINIMAL_FLAGS option to provide a way to respect system flags as much as possible
- add possibility to override valac binary
- removing keywords as this is a live ebuild
- move EGIT_REPO_URI after SRC_URI for readability
- sort dependencies in alphabetical order
I'll send patches to upstream/patch a snapshot and attach updated ebuild.
Created attachment 352778 [details]
This version of the proposed ebuild has the following modifications as requested:
- upstream has a MINIMAL_FLAGS cmake option and it is set to ON in the ebuild
- valac binary is set via VALA_EXECUTABLE
- keywords removed
- EGIT_REPO_URI moved after SRC_URI
- dependencies sorted
Created attachment 352924 [details]
As a result of a second review by hasufell, this ebuild has the following additional modifications:
- updated description
- added dependencies: dev-util/intltool and x11-libs/libnotify
- modified dependency: use slotted dev-libs/libgee:0.8
This is now in the sunrise overlay. You can find it at:
It seems that at least one ebuild related to this bug exists in the Sunrise overlay at the moment. However, I have to regretfully announce that after a long inactivity period the Sunrise project has been discontinued and the related overlay will be eventually removed. For this reason, I'd like to ask you to reevaluate the ebuilds and consider moving them. If you'd like to maintain a package from Sunrise in Gentoo, please take a look at our Proxy Maintainers  project.
Please make sure to take ebuilds from the unreviewed developer Sunrise repository  rather than the -reviewed one, since the latter has not been updated for over a year. While at it, please note that:
1. Adding a package to Gentoo requires declaring yourself as an active maintainer for it. All bugs regarding the package will be assigned to you, and you will be expected to maintain it.
2. Some packages may not be suitable for addition anymore. While there's no strong rules that would prevent you from adding a package, it may be a bad idea to add old-unmaintained packages that will shortly result in a large number of bugs reported with no solution. If that is the case, please close the bug as RESOLVED/OBSOLETE to make it easier to find packages worth adding.
3. Some of the bugs were already closed as WONTFIX/OBSOLETE/... while the relevant ebuild was kept in Sunrise. If you disagree with the original decision, you still can add the ebuild via proxy-maint.
4. Pleaes note that many of the Sunrise ebuilds are old and may be buggy. If you decide to move them, please make sure to update/clean them up. The proxy-maint team will also review your ebuilds, therefore making sure they land in Gentoo in good quality.
Once again, thank you for your contribution. We hope that you will still want to contribute to Gentoo, through proxy-maint or otherwise.