Vladimir has shown interest in joining Gentoo as the Russian documentation
translation lead. He has been contributing updates on the translations since
august last year which Joshua (nightmorph) and I have been proxy-committing.
I will gladly take on the responsibility of mentoring him through the process
and beyond. We have already worked on the staff quiz together as well.
Thanks, Sven. Through bug of 66666... :).
yeah, let's get him on board! he's done a great job with all the [ru] docs.
btw, this is for staff role
I will be your recruiter. Please send your quizzes to firstname.lastname@example.org when approved by your mentor. Always add a comment to this bug when you send something to that address. When the quizzes are sent please contact me by IRC or email to schedule the first review session. If you think that recruiters aren't paying attention to this bug at any later point in time, it's your job to ping us on IRC if you don't want any delays.
Sent quiz answers to email@example.com
(In reply to Vladimir from comment #5)
> Sent quiz answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact me to schedule the review sessions.
What we did:
- cvs/svn/git groups on cvs.gentoo.org
- sent you your LDAP/mail password via encrypted mail
- add to cvstrans group
What you need to do:
- subscribe to mailing lists with your @gentoo.org address
- request forum status bump in #gentoo-forums or by mail to
email@example.com (if you have a forums account)
- send yourself mail to check if it works
- add yourself to mail aliases ( like firstname.lastname@example.org )
see /var/mail/alias on dev.gentoo.org
- ask team leads to add yourself to herds.xml for the herds you want to
join or do it yourself if you have the permission to do so
- set lat and lon attributes in LDAP if you want others to know where
exactly you are located
- set gentooIM if you want people to be able to contact you via other
means than email
- If you want your blog to be syndicated to planet.gentoo.org, check
- contact email@example.com for Foundation membership (optional)
- Register to wiki.gentoo.org with your @gentoo.org e-mail address (optional).
When you register to the wiki, please add a comment here with your chosen nickname and CC firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC cloak (If you like to have it changed in future, contact your mentor or us)
For the mentor:
- You are also responsible for the commits of your recruit during the first
month so you should watch the commits of your recruit via gentoo-commits
(In reply to Justin Lecher from comment #7)
> - announcement
He is inactive for a long time
Updating the summary to clarify his role :)
Vladimir, are you still around? Unless I'm mistaken, your last wiki activity was almost a year ago (in July 2017). If I'm mistaken, please suggest a better way of semi-automatically determining your activity.
No activity or reply, first mail sent again.
Yes, i am inactive lately. You may proceed and delete my account.
Thanks for getting back to us. We're going to give you the customary 15 days to reconsider.
- Packages reassignment (n/a)
- Bugs (none)
- Planet (no blog)
- IRC cloak
LOG: Running on oystercatcher.gentoo.org for CVS/SVN removal
LOG: Removing blueboar from groups
LOG: Started on woodpecker.gentoo.org
LOG: Found blueboar.
LOG: Finished at Mon Aug 6 15:37:14 UTC 2018 with rc=0
LOG: Running on pigeon.gentoo.org for lists
LOG: Removing blueboar from all lists.
LOG: Running on grouse.gentoo.org for bugzilla retire
LOG: Found 466666 for blueboar.
LOG: Found active user account for email@example.com
LOG: Updated user account.
This concludes the infra part.
Nothing for forums to do here.