x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18 failed at compile with linux-3.8.0-gentoo
>>> Emerging (1 of 3) x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18
* NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-313.18.run SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ... [ ok ]
* Determining the location of the kernel source code
* Found kernel source directory:
* Found kernel object directory:
* Found sources for kernel version:
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-313.18.run to /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work ...
* Converting /kernel/Makefile.kbuild to use M= instead of SUBDIRS= ... [ ok ]
* Applying nvidia-drivers-313.18-builddir-config.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying nvidia-drivers-313.18-linux-3.7+.patch ... [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work ...
* Preparing nvidia module
make -j9 HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CROSS_COMPILE=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- 'LDFLAGS=-m elf_x86_64' ARCH=x86_64 IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=yes V=1 SYSSRC=/usr/src/linux SYSOUT=/lib/modules/3.8.0-gentoo/build CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc clean module
If you are using a Linux 2.4 kernel, please make sure
you either have configured kernel sources matching your
kernel or the correct set of kernel headers installed
on your system.
If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
installed on your system. If you specified a separate
output directory using either the "KBUILD_OUTPUT" or
the "O" KBUILD parameter, make sure to specify this
directory with the SYSOUT environment variable or with
the equivalent nvidia-installer command line option.
Depending on where and how the kernel sources (or the
kernel headers) were installed, you may need to specify
their location with the SYSSRC environment variable or
the equivalent nvidia-installer command line option.
*** Unable to determine the target kernel version. ***
make: *** [select_makefile] Error 1
* ERROR: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18 failed (compile phase):
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers:nvidia-drivers-313.18:20130220-001616.log'.
* For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work/kernel'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18/work/'
>>> Failed to emerge x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18, Log file:
* Messages for package x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18:
* Package: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Created attachment 339464 [details, diff]
Patch to fix issues with kernel >=3.8.0
Created attachment 339466 [details]
ebuild to apply patch nvidia-drivers-313.18-linux-3.8+.patch (issues with kernel >= 3.8.0)
Had the same issues. Attached a patch and an ebuild. Worked on a couple PC's i tried it out on. To note this is not the same issue that 3.7x was having the other week, afaict both patches still need to be applied.
thank you for fast response. Patch works great.
Can confirm the patch works fine over here.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 447566 ***
i got this erro but using in a local overlay:
ebuild nvidia-drivers-313.18.ebuild digest
/usr/portage/local/local-overlay/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18.ebuild: line 4: $'\r': command not found
/usr/portage/local/local-overlay/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18.ebuild: line 6: $'\r': command not found
* ERROR: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18 failed (depend phase):
.eclass could not be found by inherit()
(In reply to comment #7)
> i got this erro but using in a local overlay:
> ebuild nvidia-drivers-313.18.ebuild digest
> 313.18.ebuild: line 4: $'\r': command not found
> 313.18.ebuild: line 6: $'\r': command not found
> * ERROR: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18 failed (depend phase):
> .eclass could not be found by inherit()
Did you download the file directly from the attachment in this thread? Or pastebin raw download link (if you saw it in the forum)? Or did you open it up in any editor and save it (esp on windows)? For all I know just downloading and saving it on windows will do it :-P.
/r is the return character for windows editors.
/n is the return character on linux editors.
Just guessing.. I downloaded the above two files attached and copied to a local overlay - worked for me on two different systems (note i added the -r1 to the end of the ebuild when copying).
alpha-centauri nvidia-drivers # ebuild /usr/local/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers/nvidia-drivers-313.18-r1.ebuild digest
>>> Creating Manifest for /usr/local/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
oh that the solution
thanks your very much @root :)