*gitolite-3.3 (02 Jan 2013)
Works fine here on amd64 with git-1.8.1
Maybe consider a news item for gitolite-2.x upgraders
upstream claims that there is one serious bug in v3.5.1, and bump the version to 3.5.2
Please go ahead with gitolite-220.127.116.11.
We'll have to wait a few more days.
Many days later...
Note that gitolite 2.x is highly outdated and no longer supported upstream. Thus, if the stabilization could be expedited, that would be great.
(In reply to Manuel Rüger from comment #0)
> *gitolite-3.3 (02 Jan 2013)
> Maybe consider a news item for gitolite-2.x upgraders
What do you want me to put into that news item? I haven't done any migrations from 2.x to 3.x yet so I'm not sure if that is really necessary.
Right now I think a news item is not necessary.
This bug #435816 shows the user experience, when not informed about changes during upgrade. I think some of the user input here might be useful as a general recommendation, e.g. "to get "check-g2-compat" script you have to reemerge gitolite with tools USE-flag."
Any chance to get an update about this ? That would nice to have a stable gitolite-3.
I think all we need is check has_version in postinst and output migr link.
(In reply to Alex Xu (Hello71) from comment #10)
> I think all we need is check has_version in postinst and output migr link.
This is already done.
@Arch teams, please stabilize =dev-vcs/gitolite-3.6
arm passes, closing.