With the sensord use flag, lm_sensors installs /etc/init.d/sensord from sensord-4-init.d
sensord-4-init.d includes the line:
This should be:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge lm_sensors-3.3.3-r1 with sensord use flag.
2. /etc/init.d/sensord start
3. Note that it fails to start because /usr/sbin/sensorsd does not exist.
sudo /etc/init.d/sensord start
* Starting sensord ...
* start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/sensorsd does not exist
* Failed to start sensord [ !! ]
* ERROR: sensord failed to start
Behaviour is reproducible on my system. Proposed change works.
*lm_sensors-3.3.3-r2 (31 Jan 2013)
31 Jan 2013; Diego E. Pettenò <email@example.com>
Fix sensord init script that was typoed (thanks to Gordon Pritchard for the
report); make it use /run directly, overriding the default pid file location.
Remove unused for the slot.
but N.B. Bug 455120