When installing net-fs/ncpfs-2.2.6-r2, the following QA Notice appears:
* QA Notice: Missing soname symlink(s):
* usr/lib/libncp.so.2.3 -> libncp.so.2.3.0
When running revdev-rebuild later, it shows this:
* Checking dynamic linking consistency
[ 3% ] * broken /lib/security/pam_ncp_auth.so (requires libncp.so.2.3)
[ 21% ] * broken /usr/bin/ncopy (requires libncp.so.2.3)
* broken /usr/bin/nprint (requires libncp.so.2.3)
* broken /usr/bin/nsend (requires libncp.so.2.3)
... [and so on - every executable of ncpfs appears to be broken in terms of revdev-rebuild]
So net-fs/ncpfs is rebuild on *every* run of revdep-rebuild - very annoying!
Thanks for having a look.
And btw: revdep-rebuild is right. Mounting Novell shares does not work without the symlink.
So it seems we have a stable package that is broken. Thats why I suggest a higher importance.
Creating the symlink by hand does solve the problem.
Should be fixed in ncpfs-2.2.6-r3. Thanks for reporting!