Please bump mail-client/alpine-2.01
Patches and sources are at http://patches.freeiz.com/alpine/patches/alpine-2.01/
Please bump to 2.10. Thank you.
[Alpine-info] Alpine 2.10 Released!
Eduardo Chappa chappa at gmx.com
Tue Jan 15 08:30:55 PST 2013
Dear Alpine Community,
After four years of the last release of Alpine, and given that the
re-alpine project has not advanced much since then, I am gathering part of
my work in patches for Alpine and releasing version 2.10 of Alpine. This
work is released under the Apache License 2.0. In order to build you will
need OpenSSL 1.0 or above.
Links to the source code and Windows binaries are:
This new version includes most of the bug fixes reported in public forums
to date, as well as new features.
* Quota report for IMAP folders that support it (press the "@" command in
the index screen of such folder).
* Search a folder for the content of any header with the ";" command.
* Foreign characters are decoded correctly in IMAP folder names.
* Question about breaking connection to slow servers includes their name.
* Internal x-alpine-help: resource locator for sending links to internal
* OpenSuse: Alpine find location of OpenSSL certificates.
* Cygwin: Alpine builds without need of patch.
* Recognition of proper mime type for docx, xlsx, and pptx files.
* When composing a message, Alpine will create a new thread when the
subject is erased.
* Add support for strong encryption of password file when S/MIME is built
Bugs that have been addressed include:
* Alpine will close a folder after confirming with user their intention
and not reopen it.
* Double allocation of memory in Pico.
* Alpine does not give warning of message sent and posted upon receipt
by email of message posted in newsgroup.
* Handling of STYLE html parameter may make Alpine not display the
content of a message.
* Not recognition of environment variables in some options.
* Not display of login prompt during initial keystrokes.
* justification of long urls breaks them.
* Incorrect New Mail message when envelope is not available.
* Inorrect display of PREFDATE, PREFDATETIME and PREFTIME tokens.
* Crash when resizing the screen after display of LDAP search.
* Crash when redrawing screen while opening a remote folder collection.
* Infinite loop in scrolltool function during notification of new mail.
* No repaint of the screen was done when the SMARTDATE token is used in
the index screen after midnight.
* No display of signed and encrypted S/MIME messages.
* Alpine will not build with OpenSSL.
* Crash for double locking in calls to c-client.
* Bad recognition of mime-encoded text may make Alpine not print the
subject of a message.
* Ignore the references header when threading messages
* No update of colors in index screen after update to addressbook.
I will be shifting my development efforts by releasing updates to Alpine
in the future. I have integrated some of the old patches - mainly bug
fixes - and will be adding more in the future, while at the same time I
will need to modify Alpine so I can integrate other projects in the
As an added bonus, there are some new spinners for your amusement when
Alpine takes too long to complete an operation.
In terms of versioning, I intend to number versions so that these do not
collide with the efforts in the re-alpine project. In that way it will be
easy to figure out which software has a bug when it is reported.
Please test it and let me know any problems that you find with it.
Created attachment 344210 [details]
ebuild for alpine 2.10
I modified the old 2.0-r5 ebuild to build alpine 2.10 (see attachment). It works for me on amd64.
In the mean time version 2.11 is here...
Created attachment 375654 [details]
Here's an ebuild for alpine 2.11, successfully tested on amd64.
Created attachment 394258 [details]
Alpine 2.20 was released in the last days (see http://patches.freeiz.com/alpine/release/). Attached is an ebuild for the new version. Tested on amd64.
Source code at
Current most recent patchlevel seems to be 2.20.8
Created attachment 420956 [details]
Here's an ebuild for alpine 2.20.10 which builds and runs fine on amd64.
Created attachment 431156 [details]
ebuild for Alpine 2.20.12. Tested on amd64.
I couldn't test USE="topal" because of bug #574678.
Created attachment 441556 [details]
Here's an ebuild for the new version 2.20.13 released 2 days ago.
Please bump to 2.21, released March 17 2017.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: robert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2017-11-19 14:02:37 +0000
Commit: Amy Liffey <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2017-11-24 08:33:53 +0000
mail-client/alpine: bump to version 2.21
mail-client/alpine/Manifest | 1 +
mail-client/alpine/alpine-2.21.ebuild | 86 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
mail-client/alpine/metadata.xml | 8 ++++
3 files changed, 95 insertions(+)