This problem has been fixed in the upstream (see URL).
However, fix is not included in FreeBSD 9.1
If you feel need, please add patch to freebsd-sources-9.1_rc3
need to rebuild kernel.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. mkdir /i386
2. tar xjpf stage3-i686-freebsd-9.0.tar.bz2 -C /i386
3. cd /i386
4. mkdir `pwd`/usr/portage
5. mount -t devfs devfs `pwd`/dev
6. mount -t nullfs /usr/portage `pwd`/usr/portage
7. mount -t nullfs /usr/portage/distfiles `pwd`/usr/portage/distfiles
8. chroot /i386 /bin/bash
9. emerge libarchive
10. cd /usr/share/gnuconfig
11. tar cjpf /tmp/test.tar.bz2 .
# tar cjpf /tmp/test.tar.bz2 .
tar: getvfsbyname failed: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
Created attachment 330718 [details, diff]
patch for freebsd-sources-9.1_rc3.ebuild
Created attachment 330720 [details, diff]
How about 3.1.1?
(In reply to comment #3)
> How about 3.1.1?
Issues has not been resolved in 3.1.1.
This issues has been fixed in FreeBSD 9.2 or later version.
or apply attached patch to kernel.
freebsd-sources-9.1 is too old. Please use the newer version.