Nov 23 01:43:17 xxx cf-execd: Couldn't run /sbin/ifconfig
Nov 23 01:43:17 xxx cf-execd: !!! System error for execv: "No such file or directory"
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge cfengine
2. run cf-execd
cf-exec log that it cannot exec /sbin/ifconfig
cf-exec run /bin/ifconfig
Created attachment 330392 [details, diff]
patch for changing path to ifconfig
related to bug 44444 since sys-apps/net-tools have moved ifconfig
(In reply to comment #1)
hardcoding any path is wrong
corentin: please rewrite it to try both paths.
Created attachment 333678 [details, diff]
Auto detect ifconfig location with configure script
Possible changes to this patch:
1: Fallback to default "/sbin/ifconfig" if no ifconfig was found
2: Try to exec IFCONFIG_RUN in configure if not cross-compiling, but I cannot found the correct autoconf macro for that at the moment.
Applied patch cleanly. Available alongside with 3.4.2 at barzog-overlay.
Only thing that I can't manage is ebuild QA warning:
* QA Notice: Automake "maintainer mode" detected:
* cd . && /bin/sh /var/tmp/portage/net-misc/cfengine-3.4.2/work/cfengine-3.4.2/missing --run automake-1.11 --foreign
* If you patch Makefile.am, configure.in, or configure.ac then you
* should use autotools.eclass and eautomake or eautoreconf. Exceptions
* are limited to system packages for which it is impossible to run
* autotools during stage building. See
* http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/autofailure.xml for more information.
Fixed in 3.4.4. Thanks!