my orinoco gold card gives above error message when I try to use it with an Agere Access point with WEP enabled.
It's a known problem, this thread gives a good summary on it:
The patch proposed on
works for me (and doesn't break operation on other access points... for me)
I'd like to request inclusion of above patch
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 27198 [details, diff]
extracted patch from above mails
this is the patch I'm using in my local ebuild
Please check if the stand-alone orinoco driver fixes this (should be fixed in 0.14 according to ChangeLog).
The stand-alone orinoco ebuild can be found on bug #32737.
I will test this this weekend
that ebuild doesn't compile. actually, it doesn't correctly unpack and/or configure as well.
Unluckily I was in a hurry this weekend, so I didn't find the time to dig into the problem....
The stand-alone orinoco driver has been added to portage as net-wireless/orinoco. Please re-test.
This bug report is awaiting feedback from the reporter.
hey, not so fast! I will test the new ebuild next weekend, when I have access to that netgear ap again
Thanks. Please attach your results to this bug report.
I compiled the new orinoco ebuild (with pcmcia use-flag) and tried to test it, however when inserting the card, all I received was an oops (process cardmgr, access to addr 0x32, I don't have the oops in my logs and didn't feel like writing it down myself)
I thought maybe this is because of the pcmcia_cs modules with the same name, so I moved them away. When inserting the card again I got the "foo does not match" error mentioned in the FAQ. The FAQ suggested to set the pcmcia_cs variable correctly... however, since I have the pcmcia useflag i thought the ebuild did that itself.
five oopses and ten reboots later I removed the orinoco ebuild again, put the pcmcia modules back in place, and let you know this :-)
See bug #69929 for the errors I described above
will test as soon as they are fixed
ok, I compiled the module myself and tested it. Due to the nice new AP scan feature, I could verify that the card actually sees the access point, however I could not associate to the access point, i.e. no matter whether i used the /etc/init.d/net.eth1 script or iwconfig ... I could not connect to the access point.
nothing in the syslog either...
with the pcmcia-cs orinoco module (0.13e) I can connect without problems (after applying the patch ofcourse :)
Reporter, please check if sys-apps/pcmcia-3.2.8 fixes this issue.
Closing due to lack of feedback.