Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.4.3, the following elog messages are displayed:
* This ebuild introduces a new set of scripts and configuration
* than the last version. If you are currently using /etc/conf.d/cryptfs
* then you *MUST* copy your old file to:
* Or your encrypted partitions will *NOT* work.
* Please see the example for configuring a LUKS mountpoint
* in /etc/conf.d/dmcrypt
* If you are using baselayout-2 then please do:
* rc-update add dmcrypt boot
* This version introduces a command line arguement 'key_timeout'.
* If you want the search for the removable key device to timeout
* after 10 seconds add the following to your bootloader config:
* A timeout of 0 will mean it will wait indefinitely.
* Users using cryptsetup-1.0.x (dm-crypt plain) volumes must use
* a compatibility mode when using cryptsetup-1.1.x. This can be
* done by specifying the cipher (-c), key size (-s) and hash (-h).
* For more info, see http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#6._Issues_with_Specific_Versions_of_cryptsetup
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is upgraded from an old enough package (and possibly for new installs).
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if has_version '<sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0'; then
Or, if the message should also be displayed for new installs:
if !has_version 'sys-fs/cryptsetup' || has_version '<sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0'; then
Remember to replace 1.0 with the right version number.
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
Tim fixed this w/1.6.1:
Revision 1.1 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Tue Jun 4 18:58:59 2013 UTC (22 months, 1 week ago) by radhermit
Version bump (bug #464610 by Manuel Rüger), convert to python-single-r1, add support for choosing a crypto backend (gcrypt, kernel, nettle, or openssl), remove old postinst warning, and only show postinst logs on new installs.