Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package sys-apps/dbus-1.6.8:, the following elog messages are displayed:
* To start the D-Bus system-wide messagebus by default
* you should add it to the default runlevel :
* `rc-update add dbus default`
* Some applications require a session bus in addition to the system
* bus. Please see `man dbus-launch` for more information.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'sys-apps/dbus-1.6.8:'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
The proper fix would rather be to show this message only when the service is in no rc-script. See gdm ebuild for example.
+ 17 Nov 2012; Pacho Ramos <email@example.com> dbus-1.6.8-r1.ebuild:
+ Show elog messages only when needed (#440526 by poletti.marco), disable silent