Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package app-misc/strigi-0.7.7, the following elog messages are displayed:
* Because you didn't enable either of the available backends:
* clucene or hyperestraier, strigi may not be functional.
* If you intend to use standalone strigi indexer (not needed for KDE),
* be sure to reinstall app-misc/strigi with either clucene (recommended)
* or hyperestraier (unreliable) USE flag enabled.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'app-misc/strigi'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
As with the other bugs, we feel that this message needs to be displayed for all installs. Also, this one should be showing up regardless, since it's warning of a potential bad configuration.