Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package app-admin/sudo-1.8.5_p2, the following elog messages are displayed:
* sudo uses the /etc/ldap.conf.sudo file for ldap configuration.
* To use the -A (askpass) option, you need to install a compatible
* password program from the following list. Starred packages will
* automatically register for the use with sudo (but will not force
* the -A option):
* [*] net-misc/ssh-askpass-fullscreen
* You can override the choice by setting the SUDO_ASKPASS environmnent
* variable to the program you want to use.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'app-admin/sudo'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.