Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package x11-apps/xinit-1.3.2, the following elog messages are displayed:
* If you use startx to start X instead of a login manager like gdm/kdm,
* you can set the XSESSION variable to anything in /etc/X11/Sessions/ or
* any executable. When you run startx, it will run this as the login session.
* You can set this in a file in /etc/env.d/ for the entire system,
* or set it per-user in ~/.bash_profile (or similar for other shells).
* Here's an example of setting it for the whole system:
* echo XSESSION="Gnome" > /etc/env.d/90xsession
* env-update && source /etc/profile
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'x11-apps/xinit'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
You can also use readme.gentoo.eclass for this, if you prefer, I can do the work for you
(In reply to Pacho Ramos from comment #1)
> You can also use readme.gentoo.eclass for this, if you prefer, I can do the
> work for you
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Matt Turner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2019-03-03 05:44:12 +0000
Commit: Matt Turner <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2019-03-03 05:45:23 +0000
x11-apps/xinit: Only print postinst messages first time
Signed-off-by: Matt Turner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
x11-apps/xinit/xinit-1.4.0-r1.ebuild | 19 +++++++++++--------
1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)