Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package app-shells/bash-completion-1.3, the following elog messages are displayed:
* Any user can enable the module completions without editing their
* .bashrc by running:
* eselect bashcomp enable <module>
* The system administrator can also be enable this globally with
* eselect bashcomp enable --global <module>
* Make sure you at least enable the base module! Additional completion
* modules can be found by running
* eselect bashcomp list
* If you use non-login shells you still need to source
* /etc/profile.d/bash-completion.sh in your ~/.bashrc.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'app-shells/bash-completion'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
This looks fixed in 2.1-r1's ebuild since the message mentioned in Comment #0 no longer exists there.