Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package app-portage/portage-utils-0.10, the following elog messages are displayed:
* /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize has been installed for convenience
* If you wish for it to be automatically run at the end of every --sync:
* # chmod +x /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize
* Normally this should only take a few seconds to run but file systems
* such as ext3 can take a lot longer. To disable, simply do:
* # chmod -x /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'app-portage/portage-utils'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
should be all set now in the tree; thanks for the report!
Commit message: Show init messages on first install only