Version 1.6.3 has been released . That latest version in Portage is 1.4.6 .
Lives is now at 1.6.4 and simply renaming the 1.4.6 ebuild from tree works for me here
Version 1.8.2 is out now, please make a version bump!!
*** Bug 494230 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
There appears to be a version available in the user/DuPol overlay; this might make bumping a bit easier, see URL.
'Latest "stable" version (recommended for most users) : 2.2.6 for GNU/Linux and UNIX systems (released 16 August 2014)'
Latest is 2.2.7 by now. And there is an ebuild in the funtoo overlay:
However, it doesn't work for lives-2.2.7 (compile error) and not for -2.2.5 (installs files to wrong paths). For lives-2.2.6 it compiles and installs okay and looks good when started. I didn't use it intensively yet though.
*** Bug 569220 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 420390 [details, diff]
This is the proposed ebuild patch (against current tree =/media-video/lives-1.4.6 ebuild)
Excerpt from bug #569220 :
The version of LiVES in portage (=media-video/lives-1.4.6) is pretty obsolete now. There were a lot of requests for current version bump, so I did update the ebuild to current LiVES upstream version - 2.4.6
It has been tested on ~amd64 and ~x86 and compiles and works ok.
Since this ebuild hasn't been updated for long I assume there is no maintainer for it.... I can proxy maintain it... That's why I changed part of the metadata.xml for the ebuild (I am uploading it later).
Here is the ChangeLog of the ebuild with some explanations:
1. Move to EAPI 5
2. Updated HOMEPAGE, SRC_URI and LICENSE (they moved to GPL v3)
3. Added some new IUSE flags (description is in the proposed metadata.xml) that reflect all the necessary and recommended libs, apps etc
4. Altered/Fixed all dependencies as needed by the new LiVES version
5. Removed Python 2.x fixes of scripts, since now they have versions for both 2.x and 3.x
6. The src_configure() part may seem strange, but it is because the configure.ac procedures of LiVES are not well written and they only have a --disable-X part... i.e. any use of use_enable actually triggers a --disable-X option :S
7. Removed symlinking hack in src_install() since it is not needed anymore
8. Updated description of the new flags in metadata.xml
I hope this would be accepted for adding to portage tree...
Created attachment 420392 [details, diff]
The proposed metadata.xml patch (against current tree =/media-video/lives-1.4.6 metadata.xml) with altered maintainer - me...
did you test it with 2.4.7 already too? i am curious enough to give this a go myself (using it I mean ;))
With the current lives-1.4.6 not compiling with gcc-5, what needs to happen for PhobosK's ebuild to hit the tree? Can't we put it at least in sunrise to get some feedback?
Is anyone willing to proxy maintain this?
As I said 6 months ago I can maintain it :) .....
Though I'll have to upload a new ebuild, since the latest stable of LiVES is 2.6.3 now :D
CCing proxy-maintainers then
you should open a maintainership bug and make it block this one
2.8.4 is now the latest.
Please just submit a pull request on github
# Andreas Sturmlechner <email@example.com> (03 Mar 2017)
# Masked for removal in 30 days. Reported to be broken;
# QA issues, fails to build with GCC-5, ffmpeg-3
# Bugs #608408, #569958, #610746
Author: Andreas Sturmlechner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Mar 3 01:10:52 2017 +0100
profiles: Mask media-video/lives for removal
Gentoo-bug: 608408, 569958, 610746